Experience and Current Business Focus
Most of my 27 years of Information Technology (IT) experience prior to 2000 was gained as a systems analyst, mainframe computer programmer, and database administrator at National Semiconductor Corp., Santa Clara, California. working on key business projects which included: a Financial Reporting System, Automated Production Control, Order Entry, Product Definition, sophisticated interfaces between these systems, and many other smaller projects. As a key technical staff member, I was largely responsible for performance tuning as a part of development.
I started Sites That Grow LLC in early 2007 designing and building websites and building a client base. In collaboration with visionaries and graphic artists from California. I have developed websites that include social networks, online stores, individual business websites, and more, primarily using open-source Drupal CMS software. .
Sites That Grow LLC is dedicated to donating a significant portion of its profits to projects which promote sustainable ecosystems and culture, to help ensure a sustainable future for humankind and endangered species.
I am also an artist, having taken extensive college courses in Art -- color & design, drawing, printmaking, and painting. This background assists me in creating attractive websites with strong designs.
List of Website Features Installed
- Basic features: user signon with Captcha, on-page WYSIWYG editing, content views (combining, filtering & sorting), custom pages with panels, themes and styling, blogs, forums, etc.
- E-commerce (Ubercart) using Paypal, Google Checkout, and Authorize.net
- Social networking: video sharing (embedding from YouTube, Vimeo, etc), comments, friends networks, private messaging, groups, chat, 5-star voting, polls, friends invite with mass invite, user points, extensive profiles, affiliate marketing, featured content, highest rated content, event calendar, spam protection, posting to Facebook & Twitter including auto-post to Twitter, multiple role level permissions, tagging/channels/categories with tag clouds, etc.
- Custom web forms (for licensing)
- Time capture system
- Daily quotes
- Video & audio playlists
List of Technical Skills
- HTML & CSS
- Drupal - extensive knowledge of contributed modules, which are best to use, including panel pages, views, Ubercart, webforms, and many many more
- PHP and MySQL
- Performance Tuning
- On-Site SEO
- Theme templates and theme customization
- Image editing
- Proofreading and editing content